Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Shop and Eat! Northbrook Court Mall

After our first venture out of the house together I could not wait to go out again. However, B was born in December in Chicago, so wherever we go we need to be able to stay inside even if he has a major crying fit. I figured a shopping mall would be the perfect place--if he had a meltdown in one store I could just mosey on out, pop into a new place once he calmed down, and pretend I wasn't that mother.


Northbrook Court is the mall closest to our house, and though I've been there many times before I never realized just how baby-friendly it is.

First of all, there is a giant tree-shaped kiddie playground smack dab in the middle of the place. During the day this attracts a lot of kiddos and their moms or nannies. Spend a random afternoon in this place and you'll see a parade of the latest trendy kid and baby items on display. While I don't have anyone old enough to play on this tree yet, it's comforting to see a kid-friendly area in the middle of the mall.

Second, they actually have a nursing room. A NURSING ROOM! It's located in the second level bathroom near the dining area. It's a lovely, clean room with a locking door, a very comfortable glider, and a little table. These may exist in many places, but since I've only been nursing for ten weeks I've never noticed one before.

Third, there are several baby stores for you to wander around in with your little one. Gymboree, Janie and Jack, Hanna Anderson, and Gap Kids, to name a few.

Finally, there's a Gymboree Play and Music space, too, so you can actually take classes there with your little one.

But really, need I say more than nursing room? I mean, jackpot.

Also, Northbrook Court has several restaurants, so this has been my go-to place for lunch and dinner plans so far. I love that we can sit down in an actual restaurant for a meal, and I don't have to panic if B starts screaming. I can simply walk out and wander around the mall until he settles down. Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment