Tuesday, February 19, 2013

WearYOBaby: Chimparoo Woven Wrap

Okay, I'm just going to say it: If you have a baby and you aren't babywearing, you are missing out.

I loved wearing my son in my Moby wrap so much that I decided it was time to buy a woven wrap. I chose a Chimparoo woven, and it is hands-down my favorite new item I've bought since B was born.



The Good
The Chimparoo is a thick, beautiful woven wrap that can be tied in so many different ways. It is so versatile and so pretty that this will quickly become a wrap you reach for often. Because it is a woven wrap you can comfortably wear a heavier little one it, the Chimparoo company says up to 35 pounds. The wrap comes with a 75-minute DVD that very clearly shows you how to tie every carry, including special instructions for carrying newborns and for nursing in every carry.

I wore this wrap the day I bought it, and have reached for it every single day since. My favorite carry is the front wrap cross carry because I can tie it before we leave the house and slip B into it from his car seat when we reach our destination. It's also easy to pop him in and out of this carry.

I've gotten more attention wearing B in the Chimparoo than I have in my Moby and Lucky Baby wrap, probably because the Chimparoo really is a stunning wrap.

The Bad
The only negative I can think of for this is that it costs around $100, but here's the thing: $100 is affordable as far as woven wraps are concerned. So really, this is just another positive detail. It is a heavier wrap, so it's probably going to be too warm to wear in a hot Chicago summer--that's as close to a negative as I'm going to be able to get for this wrap!

Conclusions
The Chimparoo is an awesome woven wrap. You really cannot go wrong with this one. If you live in an extremely hot climate then it may not be for you, but otherwise the Chimparoo is a great woven wrap for any mama who wants to get out of the house with her baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment