Saturday, February 16, 2013

Diaper Dude Diaper Bag Review

 
One thing that keeps new moms stuck at home with baby is the thought of how much stuff we're going to have to haul around if we leave the house. We've all seen mommies lumbering through crowded stores with their overburdened strollers and bags stuffed near to bursting. Going out with baby does not have to be this much work!

Babies do not need all that much stuff for an afternoon out. In fact, most days I don't even use 75% of what I carry in my diaper bag, and I carry about half as much as most mamas I see.

We use the Diaper Dude bag pictured above. I like it, it's roomy but not too big, and masculine enough that my husband isn't above wearing it. I don't carry a purse in addition to the diaper bag, either

What We Carry

In the large main pocket:
  • One clean diaper cover (we cloth diaper)
  • A small receiving blanket 
  • A wet/dry bag
  • Changing pad that came with the Diaper Dude
  • Change of clothes for baby (a onesie and a pair of pants) in case of a major blowout
  • Nursing tank in case of leakage or a major spit-up situation 
  • My wallet 
In the first front pocket: 
  • Two or three clean diapers
In the second front pocket:
  • Wipes
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Diaper cream (LOVE this diaper cream, by the way)
In the third front pocket:
  • My tube of Aquaphor (I'm addicted to using it as chap stick)
  • My cell phone 
In the back, no-zipper slot:
  • A small washcloth for easy grabbing 
Okay,  now that I typed this all out it looks like a lot! Trust me, the bag is small and definitely not burdensome. If you really can't leave the house without ten extra diapers or three extra outfits, consider packing a security bag with all the extras to keep in the car. That way the stuff will be available to you, but you won't have to schlep it around when you're out with baby.

What do you carry in your diaper bag? What kind of diaper bag do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment